Terms & Conditions
1. The “$20 Betting Offer” (the “Promotion”) is governed by these Official Terms and Conditions (each section, a “Term” and collectively, the “Terms”), and is administered by Woodbine Entertainment Group (“WEG”) and Ontario Racing (“OR”) and is sponsored by Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (“OLG”). The Promotion is available to residents of Ontario who (at the time of participation): (i) are eighteen (18) years of age or older; (ii) have not previously established a pari-mutuel wagering account on the HPIbet.com website (or any other URL designated from time to time during the Offer Period) provided by WEG (such website, “HPIbet.com”, such account, an “HPIbet Account”); (iii) have not previously established a pari-mutuel wagering account on the Dark HorseTM mobile phone application provided by WEG (such application, the “Dark Horse App”, such account a “Dark House Account”, and a Dark House Account and HPIbet Account, collectively, “Accounts”); (iv) have not already participated in the Promotion (as determined by WEG or OR in their sole and absolute discretion); and (v) are not volunteers, employees, officers or directors (and those with whom such persons are living, whether related or not) of WEG, OR, OLG, a Racetrack (as defined in Term 4) or the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (“AGCO”) (each such individual that meets the foregoing criteria, an “Eligible Participant” and collectively, “Eligible Participants”). Additionally, any employee of any WEG, OR or OLG promotion and contest management agency are not eligible to participate.
2. The Promotion is intended to be conducted separately and with a distinct set of Terms from all other offers or promotions being administered or sponsored by WEG, OR or OLG.
3. In the event that a participant does not meet the eligibility requirements as set forth herein, OR and/or WEG have the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to reject the participant from participating in the Promotion, and will have no obligation to provide any Offer (as defined in Term 4), or any other form of compensation, in relation to such participant.
How to Participate in the Offer
4. The Promotion consists of twenty Canadian dollars ($20.00) (“Promotional Funds”
) that an Eligible Participant can redeem, within the Offer Period, through one of three following betting platform options: (i) in-person at OR member racetrack locations participating in the Promotion (each a “Racetrack”
) through use of a HPIbet Lite Card; (ii) the establishment of an HPIbet Account; or (iii) the establishment of a Dark Horse Account (the “Offer”
Subject to the Terms, the Promotional Funds: (i) are eligible only for wagering on horseracing events offered through Racetracks, HPIbet.com or the Dark Horse App; (ii) are not redeemable for cash; (iii) are non-transferable and non-assignable; and (iv) do not expire.
For the purposes of these Terms, an “HPIbet Lite Card”
means a card issued to an Eligible Participant who has redeemed their Offer at a Racetrack (rather than through establishing an Account), in accordance with Term 11, that is loaded with Promotional Funds which can only be used for wagering while the Eligible Participant is physically at a Racetrack.
For more information regarding the HPIbet Lite Card, an Eligible Participant can contact HPIbet Customer Support by phone (1-888-675-8886), email (email@example.com
) or live chat (accessed at www.hpibet.com
) and request information regarding the Promotional Funds balance on such Eligible Participant’s HPIbet Lite Card.
6. A limit of one (1) Offer can be redeemed per Eligible Participant. A maximum of three hundred thousand dollars ($300,000) may be redeemed for Offers awarded during the Offer Period (as defined in Term 10). If it is discovered by OR, WEG or OLG (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by OR, WEG or OLG) that an Eligible Participant (or any person or entity purporting to be an Eligible Participant) has attempted to: (i) redeem more than one (1) Offer; or (ii) use multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt the Promotion, then, without limiting such other remedies as may be available to OR, WEG or OLG, such Eligible Participant may be disqualified from participating in the Promotion and future promotions in the sole and absolute discretion of WEG or OR.
7. IN NO EVENT WILL THIS PROMOTION ENTITLE ANY SINGLE ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANT TO MORE THAN THE TWENTY DOLLARS ($20.00 CAD).
8. No purchase is necessary for Eligible Participants to participate in this Promotion.
9. All Offers are subject to the Offer Period and the Terms contained herein.
10. The Promotion takes place from July 13, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. to March 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (the “Offer Period”). To redeem the Offer and obtain the Promotional Funds, an Eligible Participant must complete all redemption steps (as set out in greater detail in Terms 11 and 12) within the Offer Period
11. To redeem the Offer, an Eligible Participant must complete the following steps:
(a) visit http://www.ontarioracing.com/horse-racing-offer/home
(b) register for the Offer by providing in the webform the following information: full name, date of birth, city of residence, email address, in accordance with the website instructions;
(c) open the email sent from OR to the email address provided by the Eligible Participant in the website registration, which contains the Offer confirmation number, the Eligible Participant’s full name, date of birth, city of residence, Racetrack location (if applicable), Offer validation period and a QR code and/or Offer code (the “Confirmation Slip”); and
(d) within the Offer validation period set out in the Confirmation Slip described in Term 11(c), either: (i) for redemption of the Offer and use of the Promotional Funds at a Racetrack, present the Confirmation Slip (either in electronic or printed form) together with government issued photo identification to a mutuel teller or designated employee at the Racetrack (who will verify that the information contained in the identification matches the information contained in the Confirmation Slip); or (ii) for redemption of the Offer and use of the Promotional Funds on HPIbet.com or the Dark Horse App, follow the steps set out in Term 12.
12. For redemption of an Offer and use of Promotional Funds at either HPIbet.com or the Dark Horse App, an Eligible Participant must register for an Account, as applicable, in accordance with the applicable digital platform’s registration instructions. Once registration of an Account is completed, an Eligible Participant will be prompted to apply the Offer code to their Account and the Promotional Funds will be automatically deposited into the Eligible Participant’s Account.
13. Upon confirmation by WEG that an Account has been registered successfully and the Offer code has been successfully inputted, the Promotional Funds will be uploaded by WEG into the Eligible Participant’s Account within 3 to 5 business days. An Eligible Participant can view the cash balance of their account at any time by logging into their Account. For Offers redeemed at a Racetrack, upon verification from the participating Racetrack’s mutuel teller or designated track employee that all information is valid, Eligible Participants will receive an HPIbet Lite Card containing the Promotional Funds. Eligible Participants can use the Promotional Funds for wagering, in accordance with the Terms, immediately after receiving their Promotional Funds.
14. Any funds won as a result of wagers made using the Promotional Funds will automatically be credited to an Eligible Participant’s HPIbet Lite Card or Account, as applicable.
15. Please visit the Dark Horse App for important information regarding Dark Horse Accounts. Please visit HPIbet.com for important information regarding HPIbet Accounts and the HPIbet Lite Card. THIS INCLUDES INFORMATION REGARDING HOW PROMOTIONAL FUNDS CAN BE FORFEITED OR MAY OTHERWISE BE UNAVAILABLE TO YOU.
17. All Eligible Participants and Offer redemptions are subject to verification at any time and for any reason at the applicable Racetrack or at WEG’s and/or OR’s sole and absolute discretion.
19. Offers that have been obtained through fraudulent means or which are altered, reproduced, or irregular (all as determined by a participating Racetrack, WEG or OR in their sole and absolute discretion), are subject to disqualification. Neither the participating Racetrack, OLG, WEG nor OR will be responsible for Offer redemptions, or delays for any reason whatsoever, any incorrect or inaccurate data, any incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry, post, code or other information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone, computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Where such failures cannot be corrected immediately or within a reasonable time frame (as determined by WEG, OR and the participating Racetrack in their sole and absolute discretion), WEG, OR or the participating Racetrack may postpone or cancel the Offer.
20. Neither WEG nor OR is responsible for commencing, continuing or completing the Offer, or awarding any Promotional Funds or redeeming the Offer in the event of circumstances beyond their control, and WEG and/or OR may, at their sole and absolute discretion, change or alter this Offer (and/or amend these Terms), as WEG and/or OR deem necessary in their sole and absolute discretion. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, WEG and OR, in their sole and absolute discretion, reserve the right to amend the timing of any element of this Offer to satisfy any customer service or integrity issues resulting from uncontrollable circumstances, and this includes, but is not limited to, the right to similarly extend the time period(s) available to participants to receive and/or redeem the Offer.
21. OLG is a sponsor of the Promotion only and all Eligible Participants and other participants in the Promotion recognize and acknowledge that in no event will OLG be held liable for any damages on any basis, in contract, tort or otherwise, of any kind and nature whatsoever, arising in respect of the Promotion, the Offer or matters related thereto
22. WEG and the Racetracks may, at their sole and absolute discretion, disqualify any participant and seek damages and/or other relief, to the fullest extent permitted by law, from all persons responsible for any attempt to tamper or interfere with or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of this Offer.
23. No substitutions or equivalent cash payments will be made, save for WEG’s and OR’s right, at their sole and absolute discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent or greater value. Except as specifically provided herein, an unclaimed Offer will not be awarded.
24. It remains the responsibility of the Eligible Participant to ensure the email address associated with their Offer registration is correct and up-to-date. It is also the Eligible Participant’s responsibility to ensure that the email address associated with his/her Account is correct and up-to-date. Neither WEG nor OR will be responsible for any failure of email delivery due to a participant’s outdated or incorrect contact information.
25. WEG and all participating Racetracks reserve the right to deny or reject a participant once they have registered for the Offer, for any reason, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Racetrack or WEG, as applicable. Neither WEG nor OR will have any obligation to award any Offer to such ineligible participants.
26. All Eligible Participants must present valid government-issued photo identification upon request of WEG or the Racetrack.
27. WEG and OR reserve the right to change or alter the Offer and the Terms, as they deem appropriate, without prior notice to Eligible Participant, including, but not limited to, making changes or alterations to these Terms relating to the accommodation of participants in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
28. WEG and OR reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Offer mechanics stipulated in these Terms, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance with these Terms, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of WEG and/or OR, in their sole and absolute discretion, affect or may affect the proper administration of the Offer as contemplated in these Terms, or for any other reason.
29. The Terms govern this Offer and must be followed by all Eligible Participants at all times. By agreeing to participate in the Offer, all Eligible Participants agree to comply with, and be legally bound by, the Terms.
30. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the Terms as stated herein and disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion-related materials, the Terms as stated herein shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
31. The decisions of WEG, OR and the Racetracks with respect to all aspects of the Promotion are final and binding without review or right of appeal. By participating in the Promotion, each Eligible Participant is agreeing to be legally bound by these Terms. ANYONE DEEMED BY WEG, OR and/or the RACETRACKS WHO APPEAR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF WEG, OR and/or the RACETRACKS AT ANY TIME.
32. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of the Terms shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of the Terms. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the Terms as if the valid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
33. All references to times and dates reflect Eastern Standard Time.
34. Headings in these Terms are for convenience purpose only and do not affect the interpretation of the Terms contained herein.
35. This Offer is subject to the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
For any questions relating to this program please contact HPIbet Customer Support at 1-888-675-8886.
Cette information est aussi disponible en français en composant le 1-888-675-8886.