Ontario Racing (visit Ontario Racing Facebook page to enter contest): June 10 – June 23, 2018
HOW TO EARN ENTRIES (NO PURCHASE NECESSARY):
- The “Ultimate Queen’s Plate Experience Promotion” Promotion (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Ontario Racing (“OR”) and is open to residents of Ontario, who (at the time of participation): (i) are eighteen (18) years of age or older; (ii) have or obtain a valid Facebook account (the “Account”); and (iii) are not volunteers, employees, officers and directors of OR, or any of OR’s advertising, promotion and contest management agencies are not eligible to participate.
- This Promotion is intended to be conducted separately and with this distinct set of Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”) from all other offers and promotions being administered by OR.
- In the event that a participant (including, but not limited to, an eligible patron who is eligible to win a Prize, as defined below) does not meet the eligibility requirements as set-forth herein, OR has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify the participant from participating in the Promotion and further will have no obligation to award any Prize (as defined below) in relation to that participant.
- This Promotion takes place online on the following one (1) Facebook page: Ontario Racing (www.facebook.com/OnHorseRacing).
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to OR and not to Facebook. Facebook is completely released of all liability by each participant in this Promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion must be directed to OR and not Facebook. You may only use one (1) Account to participate in this Promotion.
- Any personal information provided to or collected by OR or any 3rd party promotion administrator, including, but not limited to, participants’ contact information, is intended to be used for the following principal purposes: to conduct and administer the Promotion by OR or through a 3rd party promotion administrator, including, but not limited to, the awarding of the prizes and referring to such personal information in messages left for a participant; to announce a winner’s Facebook username on OR’s Facebook account once he/she has been confirmed as a winner; and to comply with legal requirements.
PRIZES AND PRIZE DRAWS:
- The Promotion begins on June 10, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. and ends on June 23, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (the “Promotion Period”).
- During the Promotion Period, eligible patrons may follow the steps outlined in Rule 8 to earn an Entry for the Promotion , as follows:
- Access a Facebook Page (See Rule 4). Standard data rates apply to participants who choose to participate in the Promotion via a mobile device. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
- Once the eligible patron has logged-in to his/her Account, the eligible patron will have the option to “like” the applicable Facebook Page. Important Note: If an Account used to enter the Promotion is closed before the end of the Promotion Period, then any Entries associated with that Account will be declared null and void for the Promotion. As such, to remain eligible for the duration of the Promotion an eligible patron must maintain an active Account until at least June 23, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- At or near the beginning of the Promotion, OR or its designated representative will post one (1) Promotional Post (each, a “Post”) on Ontario Racing’s Facebook Page. To be eligible to earn one (1) Entry per Promotion in relation to a Facebook Page, an eligible patron must visit the applicable Facebook Page and locate the Post for the applicable Promotion. Next, the eligible patron must use his/her Account to post #OffToTheRaces to the Post (the “Response”). To be eligible, the Response must (i) include the full hashtag #OffToTheRaces (ii) be in accordance with these Rules, including, but not limited to, the specific Submission Requirements listed below in Rule 9; and (iii) comply with all applicable terms, rules, policies and guidelines of Facebook (the “Facebook Rules”) (all as determined by OR in its sole discretion).
- Any Response that does not comply with these Rules (including, but not limited to, the specific Submission Requirements listed below in Rule 9) and/or the applicable Facebook Rules (all as determined by OR in its sole discretion) will be discarded and will not be eligible for entry in this Promotion.
- For the avoidance of doubt, there will be one (1) Post per Promotion in relation to each Facebook Page. An eligible patron can earn a maximum of one (1) Entry in relation to each Post, regardless of how many Responses they submit.
- As such, the maximum number of Entries that an eligible patron can earn in relation to each Facebook Page is one (1) Entry per Facebook Page, per Promotion. This would only be possible if the eligible patron were to post one (1) eligible Response in relation to the Post on each Facebook Page per Site.
- BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, EACH ELIGIBLE PATRON AGREES THAT THE ENTRY (AND EACH INDIVIDUAL COMPONENT THEREOF – INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE RESPONSE) COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE RULES. THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER REGARDING: (I) THE USE OF ANY ENTRY (OR ANY COMPONENT THEREOF – INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE RESPONSE); (II) PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION-RELATED ACTIVITIES; (III) ANY USE, COLLECTION, STORAGE AND DISCLOSURE OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION; AND/OR (IV) IF DECLARED A WINNER, ANY PRIZES (INCLUDING ANY USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZES). THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY EACH ELIGIBLE PATRON IN THE EVENT IT IS DISCOVERED THAT THE ELIGIBLE PATRON HAS DEPARTED FROM OR NOT OTHERWISE FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE RULES AND/OR THE FACEBOOK RULES. THIS RELEASE AND INDEMNITY SHALL CONTINUE IN FORCE FOLLOWING THE TERMINATION OF THE PROMOTION AND/OR AWARDING OF ANY PRIZES.
- By participating in the Promotion, each eligible patron hereby warrants and represents that any Response they submits:
- is original to him/her and that the eligible patron has obtained all necessary rights in and to the Response for the purposes of entering such Response in the Promotion;
- does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties;
- will not give rise to any claims whatsoever, including, without limitation, claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party; and
- is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups; content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than OR; any identifiable trade-marks and/or brand names (other than those of OR); conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules; and/or any other materials that are or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by OR in its sole discretion.
- OR and/or its promotional agency or designated content moderator (the “Reviewer”) reserves the right to screen all Responses. Any Response that the Reviewer deems, in its sole discretion, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules and/or the Facebook Rules are subject to disqualification. The Reviewer reserves the right, in its sole discretion at any time and for any reason, to request an entrant to modify, edit and/or re-submit their Response in order to ensure that the Response complies with these Rules and/or the Facebook Rules, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point during or after the Promotion, then OR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take whatever action it deems necessary based on the circumstances – including, without limitation, disqualifying the Response (and therefore the corresponding Entry and/or the associated eligible patron) – to ensure that the Promotion is being conducted in accordance with the letter and spirit of these Rules.
- By entering the Promotion and submitting an Entry, each eligible patron: (i) without limiting the Facebook Rules, grants to OR, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use their Response, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Promotion or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to their Response in favour of OR; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from use of his/her Response, including, without limitation, any claim based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action whatsoever.
There is one (1) way to participate in this giveaway as outlined below:
- Winners of the “Ultimate Queen’s Plate Experience” Facebook Promotion official rules and regulations must present government- issued photo identification at the Customer Experience desk at Woodbine Racetrack on or June 28, 2019 at 6:00 pm.
A VIP Experience package for two (2) people. The package includes two (2) amazing seats and premium VIP access to the Queen’s Plate race held at Woodbine Racetrack on June 29, 2019. The package also includes a Meet and Greet with music artists on Friday night (The Washboard Union) or Saturday Night (High Valley)
- The Prize will awarded once the Facebook user has been confirmed as a winner by OR in accordance with these Rules. To claim their Prize, the confirmed winner, by no later than June 28, 2017 at 6:00 pm, must visit Woodbine Racetrack to redeem their prize.
- There is a limit of one (1) Prize per eligible patron, per Promotion Period.
- Draw: On or after 9:00am on June 24, 2019, one (1) random draw will be conducted in relation to “Ultimate Queen’s Plate Experience” Facebook Promotion to determine winner. In relation to each Facebook Page, one (1) eligible patron will be selected by random electronic draw from among all eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Promotion applicable that Facebook Page. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Promotion in relate to each Facebook Page. For the avoidance of any doubt, there will be one (1) eligible patron randomly selected via an electronic draw in relation to each Facebook Page.
- The eligible winner will be notified by no later than June 25, 2019 9:00 a.m., that they are eligible to win via a Facebook post that is posted by or on behalf of OR on the applicable Facebook Page (each an, “Eligible Winner Post”). The Eligible Winner Post will include instructions to contact OR’s Social Media Manager by a specific date and time to remain eligible to win the applicable Prize.
- If an eligible winner does not respond to OR’s Social Media Manager in accordance with the instructions and time limit specified in the applicable Eligible Winner Post, then they will no longer be eligible to receive the applicable Prize. In any such case, OR reserves the right, in its sole discretion and time permitting, to select an alternate eligible patron from among the remaining eligible Entries in accordance with the applicable procedures outlined in Rule 17 (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible winner).
- In order to be confirmed as the winner of the applicable Prize, after responding to OR’s Social Media Manager the eligible winner must: (i) present valid government-issued photo identification OR his/her valid WCR card (if any) together with an acceptable form (as determined by OR) of valid government-issued non-photo identification at the Site; and (ii) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid.
- If an eligible winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the applicable Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (c) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by OR in its sole discretion); then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and OR reserves the right, in its sole discretion and time permitting, to select an alternate eligible patron from among the remaining eligible Entries in accordance with the applicable procedures outlined in Rule 17 (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible winner).
- Without limiting the generality Rule 21, OR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
- If the confirmed winner does not subsequently redeem their Prize in accordance with the Rules and Regulations, then the applicable Prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
- Prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded. OR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute any Prize or a component thereof with a prize or prizes of equal or greater retail value.
- Entries that have been obtained through fraudulent means or which are altered, reproduced, or irregular (all as determined by OR in its sole discretion), are subject to disqualification. All decisions of OR with respect to this Promotion are final and binding without right of appeal.
- A selected eligible participant may, in the sole discretion of OR, be required to sign, before receiving the applicable Prize, a declaration and release, confirming (among other things) Promotion eligibility and compliance with these Rules, and releasing the Released Parties from any liability in connection with the conduct of the Promotion and/or the awarding of any Prize.
- OR is not responsible for commencing, continuing or completing the Promotion, or awarding any Prizes in the event of circumstances beyond OR’s control, and OR may, at its sole discretion, change or alter this Promotion (and/or amend these Rules), as OR deems necessary in its sole discretion. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, OR, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to amend the timing of any element of this Promotion to satisfy any customer service or promotional integrity issues resulting from uncontrollable circumstances, and this includes, but is not limited to, the right to similarly extend the time period(s) available to participants to receive and/or redeem Prizes.
- The Released Parties assume no responsibility for the failure, interruption or delay of any e-mail or other communication to be received, captured or recorded for any reason; any computer viruses, time bombs, logic bombs and any other implanted devices of a like or similar nature that may arise or occur in connection with the Promotion; problems with the function of any website or website feature howsoever caused; the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; traffic congestion on the Internet; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers”; or any combination thereof, as a result of participation in this Promotion.
- OR reserves the right to deny a participant or reject a participant once accepted, for any reason which, in its sole judgment and discretion, it deems proper. OR will have no obligation to award any prize to such participants.
- No substitutions or equivalent cash payments will be made, save for OR’s right, at its sole discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent or greater value. Except as specifically provided herein, unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
- OR may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any participant and seek damages and/or other relief, to the fullest extent permitted by law, from all persons responsible for any attempt to tamper or interfere with or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of this Promotion.
- All participants must present valid government-issued photo identification upon request.
- OR reserves the right to change or alter this Promotion, as it deems appropriate, including, but not limited to, making changes or alterations to these Official Rules and Regulations relating to the accommodation of participants in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA).
- These Rules govern this Promotion and must be followed by all participants at all times. By agreeing to participate in the Promotion, all participants agree to comply with, and be legally bound by, these Rules.
- All references to times and dates reflect Eastern Time.
- OR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any eligible patron, Entry, Response and/or other information with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of OR, in its sole discretion, affect the proper administration of the Promotion as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- OR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to OR – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Promotion; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry, Response or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Promotion; and/or (iii) for any other reason OR deems necessary, in its sole discretion, for the purposes of administering this Promotion in accordance with the letter and spirit of these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of OR within the timeline specified by OR may result in disqualification in the sole discretion of OR. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Promotion will be OR’s Official Clock(s).
- This Promotion is subject to the Laws of the Province of Ontario and the Federal Laws of Canada, as applicable.
- ANYONE DEEMED OR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THE LETTER AND/OR SPIRIT OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF OR AT ANY TIME.