is working with Dr. Atif Kubursi and Econometric Research Ltd. (ERL) to measure Horse Racing’s economic footprint in Ontario.
The Economic Survey is where we need your help. ERL will use this data to measure jobs, GDP, and tax revenues generated within the Ontario horse racing industry. The more responses ERL receives, the more accurate the economic measurements of horse racing and breeding in Ontario are. Ontario Racing will also receive a systematic methodology to replicate this measurement in the future to inform industry decision making and public policy development.
To give participants another opportunity to fill out the survey, a second batch was distributed by Standardbred Canada, Woodbine, Fort Erie, CTHS, and ERL.
If you were chosen to complete the survey, you have the opportunity of winning one of five prizes:
1) Equine Guelph course (Equine Sciences, Business Management, or Equine Welfare) valued over $500
2) Dining Certificate at Mohawk Raceway, valued at $200
3) Dining Certificate at Woodbine Racetrack, valued at $200
4) Gift Certificate at Greenhawk Equestrian Sport, valued at $200
5) Gift Certificate at Systems Fencing Ltd., valued at $200
The randomly-selected surveys were released starting July 16. Please look for the invitations in your email or mail and respond at your earliest convenience.